Experienced IT leader with a demonstrated history of excellence in team development and project execution. Skilled in Infrastructure Rollouts, Software Development, Team Leadership, Vendor Negotiation, Business Analysis, and Project Management. Exceptional Communication, Documentation, Public Speaking & Technical Sales skills.
SKILLS & ACCREDITATIONS
- Team Leadership & Mentoring
- Agile / Scrum Methodologies
- Talent Retention
- Jira / Productivity Software
- AWS Systems Architecture
- SaaS Project Management & Ongoing Maintenance
- Roadmap Prioritization & Development
- Business Analysis & Documentation
- Policy/Procedure Development
- Wireframe & User Stories
- IT/Solutions Architecture
- API Creation & Implementation
- Process Standardization
- IT Auditing/Regulatory Compliance
- Object-Oriented Software Development
- Full Stack Web App Architecture
- Strong Competency: PHP, JS, MySQL, SQL, GIT Flow, CI/CD Workflows
- Familiarity: C#, Java, C, Bash, Node.js, Python
- ETL processes
- Process Design & Automation
- Budget & Resource Management
- Disaster Planning & Response
- Public Speaking
CTO, Postal Center International
Weston, FL — 2015-present
Oversaw all software development and maintenance and helped set the strategic direction for the nearly 300% growth of Postal Center International from $24MM to $70MM annually.
Working with the executive team, I led the initiative to overhaul internal HR talent and set a framework for team collaboration across remote locations.
Led the successful implementation of a new MIS system integrating a sophisticated API into a home-grown e-commerce platform stitching disparate systems from sales, estimating, production, shipping, and accounting.
I continued to maintain IT as a profit center through the successful sales and deployment of innovative online applications and Apps to several Fortune 1000 companies.
Accomplishments: CTO @ Postal Center International
- Implemented HR Overhaul hiring and mentoring entire new team and helped set strategic direction
- Project Managed leading the successful implementation of an entirely new ERP
- Oversaw SOC & HITRUST Certifications
- Pitched, sold and lead the creation of several unique software applications for Fortune 1000 companies
CTO, Original Impressions
Miami, FL — 2008-2015
I played a key role in the transformation of South Florida’s largest offset printing company into a technology-driven, profitable business despite competing in a shrinking and increasingly competitive sector.
This growth was in large part fueled by the creation of a robust e-commerce print and fulfillment system. Since the software launch over $250 million dollars of work and online requests have been facilitated, 500,000 shipments tracked, 18,000+ SKU’s maintained, and 100 Million direct mail communications managed within its feature-rich inventory fulfillment systems.
I transitioned the IT department into a profit center through effective mentoring of 8 full-time on-site programmers and 2 network engineers while maintaining flex capacity through the cultivation and oversight of a redundant set of 30 off-shore developers.
I halved IT infrastructure expenses while managing the 500+ node network including 48 servers. Initiatives included migration of mission-critical applications to the AWS.
Accomplishments: CTO @ Original Impressions LLC.
- Developed a sophisticated ETL platform for successful integration with hundreds of B2B data feeds and data processing requests.
- Mentored and created a self-sufficient team of software engineers
- Developed a strong competency in public speaking and technical sales leading to the closing of key customers representing 30% of top-line revenue
Lead Developer, Original Impressions
Miami, FL — 2004-2008
Developed full-stack MIS & eCommerce application on an extensible custom framework. I led hardware selection, installation, software architecture, code management, and CI (continuous integration) methodologies. Collaborated closely with the COO and CEO to understand system requirements and strategic vision while ensuring stakeholder acceptance by prototyping and consistent engagement throughout the SDLC.
Accomplishments: Lead Developer @ Original Impressions
- Architected and developed an eCommerce & Operations Software Platform from scratch generating over $1MM Annually
Software Developer, Affinity Solutions
New York, NY— 2001 - 2004
Affinity Solutions is a software company focused on enhancing customer relationships for fortune 500 companies.
Duties included managing the day-to-day maintenance of the front end of 12 websites with a combined total of over 4 million active members. I designed, programmed and implemented a mass email engine facilitating robust content personalization based on a wide variety of demographic data and the efficient managing of email campaigns across an array of independent servers.
In late 2003 Affinity Solutions entered the business of automatic credit card cash back rewards. I participated in all program design specification meetings and led the effort to create the backend ad targeting deployment and management system.
Accomplishments: Developer @ Affinity Solutions
- Mastery of OOP and Software Architecture
- Understanding of successful software deployment strategies
- Deep understanding of clustered server architectures and Windows network best practices
Florence, Italy — 1999-2001
ExpoServer was a web development firm based in Florence Italy. Duties included marketing, web programming, and project management. I managed a small team of 4 graphic designers and programmers realizing our clients’ needs along with developing a corporate strategy/business plan aimed at seeking startup funding.
- Bachelors in Business Administration from the University of New Mexico, Anderson School of Business.
- Albuquerque NM ‐ Concentration in finance, with a minor in fine arts
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.72 ‐ 3 years on the Dean's List
- Thesis on the theory of capitalism
- 1 Year, University of Exeter, England studying international business and economics
- Born 1975
- U.S. American Citizen
- Limited working proficiency: Italian & Spanish